New Special on Boba Fett’s History and Legacy Arriving on Disney Plus November 12
Disney Plus will have its second anniversary on November 12 this year, and while it will be a bit further off before we see The Book of Boba Fett released, a new special about the character’s real-world history and impact on popular culture will be arriving before then.
As part of a press release describing what’s being dubbed as “Disney Plus Day”, Disney has unveiled that a new documentary special about Boba Fett will be arriving as part of a deluge of content hitting the up-and-coming streaming service. A summary of what’s confirmed to be arriving on November 12 is listed below:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film Jungle Cruise, available to all subscribers.
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise.
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called Olaf Presents, which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can.
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including Frozen Fever, Oscar®-winning shorts Feast and Paperman, Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse! and more.
- An animated short film Ciao Alberto from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film Luca.
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands.
- The first five episodes from season two of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic.
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett.
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future.
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering.
As it stands, it’s unclear if this special will feature anything from The Book of Boba Fett, like a behind-the-scenes look, or perhaps even conclude with a reveal of the trailer. Nonetheless, it seems highly likely that it will be used as a promotional tool of some kind for the new series regardless of whether or not Lucasfilm lifts the curtain on this year’s big live-action Star Wars television series.
Disney Plus Day, which will feature the debut of this special, will occur on November 12, 2021. The Book of Boba Fett will begin airing sometime before the end of the year.
Grant has been a fan of Star Wars for as long as he can remember, having seen every movie on the big screen. When he’s not hard at work with his college studies, he keeps himself busy by reporting on all kinds of Star Wars news for SWNN and general movie news on the sister site, Movie News Net. He served as a frequent commentator on SWNN’s The Resistance Broadcast.