Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s digital and 4K/Blu-ray release dates are not far, far away, as it has now been officially confirmed that the digital download of the movie will be released three weeks from today on March 13th, followed by the physical copies of the film two weeks after that on March 27th! We also have a new trailer for the release as well as a full detailed breakdown of the special features!
Our friend Clayton Sandell of ABC News broke the news and details about the release to his Twitter account:
NEW: #TheLastJedi digital release drops March 13, on disc March 27. (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray with Dolby Vision and Atmos? Yes, please.) PLUS: Behind-the-scenes documentaries (yay!) and 14 DELETED SCENES! More details below: pic.twitter.com/QETUWUQJr8
— Clayton Sandell (@Clayton_Sandell) February 20, 2018
Here is the trailer for the release, which might be the BEST one yet!
Here are the complete details of the special features, just posted at StarWars.com:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
The Best Buy Exclusive
Here are the disc specifications:
FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 152 min.
RATING: PG-13 in U.S.; PG in CE; PG in CF
ASPECT RATIO: 2.39:1
4K UHD (US): English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos; English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
4K UHD (Canada): English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos; English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
Digital 4K UHD: English Dolby Atmos (where available), English 7.1 Dolby Digital (where available), English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (where available)
Digital HD: English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (where available)
UHD / BD: English SDH, French & Spanish
DVD: English SDH, French & Spanish
Digital: English SDH, English Closed Caption, French & Spanish (where available)
Also here are the release dates for the Blu-ray for our friends from the UK:
— Star Wars UK (@StarWarsUK) February 20, 2018
The Last Jedi is available for pre-order now. It is great to see so many special features being added to this first round of release, including a commentary by Rian Johnson! This will be a loaded home-edition that will slot nicely next to The Force Awakens on all of our Star Wars movie shelves!