A TV spot for Star Wars Battlefront 2 has just been released by EA a bit early. Without giving anything away, I’ll just say that they really listened to the fans.
So to cover everything shown here, we’ve got…
- Content for ALL THREE of the major Star Wars eras.
- A story campaign shedding new light on the formation of the First Order (with what sounds like Rae Sloane giving orders).
- Maps representing Endor, Hoth, Naboo, Starkiller Base, Takonada, and what appears to be Coruscant.
- Greater emphasis on space battles.
- Yoda, Darth Maul, Rey, and Kylo Ren as playable heroes.
- Greater emphasis on space battles, featuring playable TIE fighters (Imperial and First Order), X-wings, Y-wings, and the Millennium Falcon.
- AT-ATs (no word on if they’re completely player-controlled this time).
- Finally, and most importantly… MELEE TAUNTAUN.
On another note… Was the same kind of probe droid that the Inquisitors had in Season 2 of Rebels? If so, then that’s a neat thing to include. Special thanks to the crew over at Reddit’s Star Wars Leaks sub for pointing this out!