As many of you know, Force Friday is shaping up to become an annual Star Wars merchandising event, with a new event being held in 2016 to commemorate the release of Rogue One. Jedi Temple Archives just ran into a plethora of information concerning what products we’ll see at launch, including what appear to be a few new character names.
Key information presented in the article includes:
- The event might not be called “Force Friday”, but it will still be the same kind of event.
- Certain products will be available for pre-order.
- There will be fewer products launching for Rogue One than there were for the Force Friday launch of The Force Awakens.
- There will be only one wave of Black Series 6″ toys available at the event, featuring Rey (Jakku), Kylo Ren (Unmasked), Jyn Erso (Jedha), Cassian Andor (Eadu), K-2SO, and the Imperial Death Trooper. A second wave will arrive in November, featuring Director Krennic, a Scarif Stormtrooper, C-3PO (The Force Awakens), and Princess Leia Organa.
- No Super-Articulated 3.75″ toys will be available, other than a Walmart-exclusive line. There will be one wave of 5POA 3.75″ toys available for Force Friday, which will include Jyn Erso (I), K2SO, Kanan Jarrus (Stormtrooper), Imperial Grand Crer [sic], Imperial Stormtrooper, Sabine Wren, and Kylo Ren. In November, a wave made up of Chirrut Îmwe, Princess Leia (Rebels), Jyn Erso (II), Director Krennic, Captain Cassian Andor, Rey, and Darth Vader will arrive.
- Class I Vehicles: Assault Walker, Ezra Bridger’s Speeder, and AT-DP Pilot with Speeder.
- Class II Vehicles: FO Snowspeeder repack, A-wing with Hera, Y-wing Scout Bomber with Kanan, and another vehicle with no clear product name.
- Lastly, Deluxe 2-Packs will be a part of the toy line, with Death Trooper/Rebel Commando Tao, Scarif Stormtrooper/Moroff, and Officer Blue Squad Leader/HB Officer being the specific combinations. (The first two are explicitly tied to Rogue One, while that last one is tied to The Force Awakens.)
For the full report, look here. In general, it sounds as though they’ll be saving more toys for November, closer to the movie’s launch. “Commando Tao” and “Moroff” sound like new characters, so that’s certainly interesting. As the original article-writer dryly noted, “as with any rumor, take this with a grain of salt until never confirmed by Hasbro.”