Earlier today we mentioned a brief scene description from the Malin Head set. Now the guys from MakingStarWars have a much thorough description of an action scene that could very well be from the same sequence, and which is so awesome that will make every fan scream from joy.
This description is very spoilerific so beware!!!
A source close to MakingStarWars is reporting details of a scene involving medieval looking knights and Luke Skywalker. The source believes the medieval warriors could be the Knights of Ren, the dark side organization that Supreme Leader Snoke mentioned in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The text below is what the source(s) witnessed:
- Luke Skywalker and Rey are on Ahch-To just before nightfall as the sun sets in the background and it starts to rain.
- Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the vest from VII on.
- Luke and Rey are wearing the costumes we described before.
- Kylo Ren and The Knights of Ren turn up along the coast.
- Kylo Ren continues advancing towards the heroes with the Knights of Ren.
- Kylo does not wear the mask here.
- Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in VII.
- Kylo’s costume looked the same as in VII.
- Rey and Kylo Ren duel one-on-one and end up fighting alongside the cliff face over looking the nighttime water.
- Kylo wants his revenge after Rey disgraced him.
- The Knights of Ren go for Luke Skywalker while Rey is left for Kylo.
- Luke Skywalker engages the knights on the beach while Kylo attempts to kill Rey.
- The first black knight has an axe and moves towards the Luke but is Force pushed away to his death after being thrown through the air.
- After Luke dispatches the first knight he ignites his green lightsaber.
- Luke moves through each knight one by one.
- Rey and Kylo’s battle moves up to the side of a cliff.
- Suddenly Rey is nowhere to be seen. She’s taken out of the battle, either wounded or appears to go over the side of the cliff.
- Luke Skywalker casually walks towards Kylo to finish him but Kylo retreats when he sees Skywalker and his crew defeated.
- Luke Skywalker is a badass Jedi and he’ll destroy your squad.
After the brief cameo that Mark Hamill had in The Force Awakens, this sounds like the best come back that we could have hoped for.
But then comes the question: Was there enough time at Malin Head for such complicate sequence to be filmed? They were there just for 3 days. And isn’t that too much fan service? Whatever the case, we really hope that this is true.