*image credit toyfiend (digital billboards in Times Square).
Yesterday our friend @JaredLSloan alerted us on Twitter about his very interesting discovery that he shared on imgur. He posted several screenshots from a children book, revealing several plot details from The Force Awakens, as well as the name of a new planet from the movie.
BEWARE OF SPOILERS!
I’ve tried to arrange the screenshots in chronological order. As you will see they reveal a good deal of the plot, without any huge spoilers, but again I would advise you to stop reading here if you want the ultimate experience on December 18th. 🙂
1. Poe Dameron and BB-8 meet Lor San Tekka, played by Max von Sydow on Jakku:
So it’s Lor San Tekka’s important message that is put in BB-8, which will help the Resistance. Could this message be in Luke’s Bespin lightsaber? And it appears that they exchange something that looks like a necklace in their hands.
We’ve actually already seen a brief shot from the meeting between Poe and Lor in one of the TV spots (via Old Biff from the Future):
2. It appears that Maz Kanata is Han’s old mentor. It’s strange that he never mentioned that before, but this could be covered in the upcoming young Han Solo Anthology movie, and get a proper explanation.
Obviously BB-8 has an important mission in the movie, he has something important for the Resistance (pretty close to Artoo’s role in A New Hope). Han, Rey, Finn and BB-8 go to Maz Kanata’s planet Takodana for help. It’s interesting that the book says “Han’s new friends”. This suggests that there are no family relations in this group, or who knows…
3. Probably one of the many creatures at Maz Kanata’s castle is a spy. Captain Phasma and the First Order are preparing to assault the castle. Our heroes are captured.
4. The First Order troopers (Hasbro call them Riot Control Stormtroopers) equipped with shields and an electro tonfa (especially useful against lightsabers) are preparing for battle on Takodana.
5. Leia’s X-Wing squadron led by Poe Dameron comes to the rescue. They manage to rescus Han, Chewie and Finn, but Rey and BB-8 are captured (probably by Kylo Ren, as we’ve seen from the TV spots) and taken to Starkiller base. It’s interesting to see when our heroes get separated since we saw them all entering Kanata’s castle.
Also, now we have the first official confirmation that The Resistance headquarters are on the planet D’Qar. If you search for that planet on Wookieepedia, you get that the planet was first mentioned on the novel Lost Stars (via Aglarion):
At one point, one of the protagonist is scouting several systems with the rest of his squadron in order to find where the Empire is building the second Death Star. They visit a planet, D’Qar, which is described like this:
“the thick canopy of trees covering the surface of D’Qar (…)
“We should list this planet as a potential base in the future. The Empire’s not interested, not much space lane traffic in this area, plus there’s plenty of water.
6. Finn is going to Starkiller base with Han and Chewie to rescue Rey and BB-8, before the Resistance destroys the superweapon.
7. Han, Chewie and Finn crash land on Starkiller base. Trying to save one live, will they lose another?
That’s all. Make sure to tell us what you think about this basic plot outline of the movie in the comments below. Do you like it? Keep in mind of course that there will be many other details, characters and subplots in the full movie not mentioned above. Also there are at least several occasions when children’s books to a certain movie were not 100% accurate with the actual movie.
Also, I am still not sure if this book is supposed to be released before the movie, but obviously the person who posted the screenshots didn’t have problems grabbing one.
Again special thanks to @JaredLSloan for the find.