SWNN Book Discussions and What Happened in Out of the Shadows by Justina Ireland
The High Republic continues! James and I had the chance to talk about the latest entry, Justina Ireland’s Out of the Shadows! The ensemble of Sylvestri Yarrow, Vernestra Rwoh, and Jordanna Sparkburn navigate the choppy waters of aristocracy and politics while the galaxy nervously ponders what the Nihil will do next. As our heroes search for answers of their own, they learn forces close to them and far away all play a role in the fate of the galaxy.
If you don’t have time to read the whole book, James and I break it down for you here. Beware SPOILERS!
In our full discussion, we dive into:
- Our ratings and impressions of Out of the Shadows
- Whether the book felt too long and how it compares to other High Republic novels
- Who is the main character of the book? And while we’re at it, who’s the main character of the High Republic?
- Our favorite scene
- The Nihil’s presence in Out of the Shadows
- Where is the High Republic headed and are the events in Out of the Shadows the beginning of the end for the Nihil?
We hope you enjoyed our discussion and thank you for watching! Make sure to like, subscribe, and sound-off in the comments!