James and I are back talking about Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good, the second book in Timothy Zahn’s Ascendancy Trilogy. While we had a few issues with Greater Good, it’s still a solid Thrawn novel and if you’ve read Timothy Zahn before there’s a good chance you’ll enjoy this latest entry in Thrawn’s story. And there are a lot of new Chiss and aliens to meet, too!
Because both the discussion video and our summary are filled with new names and aliens, we decided to layout a reference so you can follow along. Below are some names and places so you don’t get lost. Also, Chaos Rising, the preceding entry, is required reading so make sure to check out what we had to say before jumping into these videos.
If you don’t have time to read the whole book, James and I do our best to breakdown Greater Good in our What Happened video below!
In our full discussion, we get into:
- Our ratings and favorite moments.
- The middle-act blues
- New characters, aliens, and planets! Oh my!
- How Thrawn from the books compares to Thrawn in Rebels and how his name-drop in The Mandalorian is a head scratcher.
- The cliffhanger ending
- What family means to the Chiss
- We are both concerned for Thrawn in Lesser Evil
We hope you enjoyed our discussion and thank you for watching! Make sure to like, subscribe, and sound-off in the comments!