Star Wars Resistance Season One Available on DVD August 20, Already Out on Digital HD
Star Wars fans hoping to be able to own season 1 of Lucasfilm’s latest animated series got a bit of news today. Star Wars Resistance: Complete Season One will be released on DVD August 20th.
Conspicuously absent from this news is any word on any potential Blu-ray release. That news could still be forthcoming, but with the launch of Disney+ on the horizon it is possible that this will be the only release for those looking to own the series.
We reached out to Target about the potential for a Blu-ray of the show, to which they responded with the following:
With Resistance being a more kid-focused series than either Rebels or The Clone Wars, it is possible a physical HD release was determined to not be necessary. It’s not uncommon for shows or movies aimed at children to not get a physical HD release. It’s also possible that Disney wants to steer fans with a desire to see an HD release, and who have not yet purchased the series through one of the available streaming services (for example right now Amazon, Google Play and others have the full season as a Digital HD release with no bonus features), to their own upcoming streaming service. This is all speculation of course, but time will tell.
We’ll keep you posted here at SWNN if any additional releases are announced. For now, check out the details on the DVD release below from Lucasfilm.
- Path of Resistance – Join supervising director Justin Ridge and the cast of “Star Wars Resistance” for a special look at the past, present and future of the show.
- Cast Audio Commentaries – With Christopher Sean (voice of Kazuda Xiono), Myrna Velasco (voice of Torra Doza), Scott Lawrence (voice of Jarek Yeager) and Josh Brener (voice of Neeku Vozo)
- “The Higher Tower”
- “The Platform Classic”
- “No Escape: Part 2”
- Bonus Shorts
- “The Search for Kaz”
- “Dart and Cover”
- “Neeku’s Reward”
- “Bucket’s Quest”
- “When Thieves Drop By”
- “Treasure Chest”
- “The Need for Speed”
- “The Rematch”
- “Sixty Seconds to Destruction”
- “Buggle’s Day Out”
- Resistance Rewind
- Resistance Rewind 1.1 – “Meet Kaz” – Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono may be a fish-out-of-water spy, but flying is another story.
- Resistance Rewind 1.2 – “Being Torra” – The nicest of the Aces is also very hard to beat.
- Resistance Rewind 1.3 – “Aliens of the Colossus” – Meet Neeku and Orka, just two of the delightfully strange new characters on the Colossus platform.
- Resistance Rewind 1.4 – “Yeager’s Story” – While Kaz is busy spying, Yeager is the father figure trying to keep him and the rest of Team Fireball in line and out of trouble.
- Resistance Rewind 1.5 – “Into the Aces Lounge” – Learn how the Aces view themselves — and the challenges they face as protectors of the Colossus.
- Resistance Rewind 1.6 – “Whispers of the First Order” – Discover how animators translated the threat of the First Order into new space battles and unique never-before-seen soldiers.
- Resistance Rewind 1.7 – “All About Poe” – Oscar Isaac reprises his role as Poe Dameron and the creative teams talks about translating the character into animation
- Resistance Rewind 1.8 – “Pirates, Thugs, and Thieves” – The motley crew running with Kragan Gorr is looking for power just like the rising menace of the First Order, so it’s only natural for the two join forces.
- Resistance Rewind 1.9 – “Stylish Starships” – Dive into the history of Star Wars starfighters and galactic racing culture.
- Resistance Rewind 1.10 – “Doza’s Deal” – Learn all about Captain Doza, Imperial defector and doting father to Torra Doza.
- Resistance Rewind 1.11 – “The State of the Resistance” – As Leia and the Resistance rise up to gather information and intel on the First Order, the show’s creators dive into the importance of the characters and the era in the galactic timeline.
- Resistance Rewind 1.12 – “Getting to Know Neeku” – Meet Neeku, Team Fireball’s Nikto mechanic, and Josh Brener, the actor who gives the character his infectiously optimistic personality.
- Resistance Rewind 1.14 – “Bringing in BB-8” – Animators went back to the drawing board, using original BB-8 concept art to inspire the look of the astromech droid in the new show.
- Resistance Rewind 1.15 – “Tower Defense” – Captain Doza observes the Colossus platform from the comfort of his pristine tower, which artists designed to contrast with the rest of the base.
- Resistance Rewind 1.16 – “First Order Occupation” – The First Order has a polarizing effect on the denizens of the Colossus.
- Resistance Rewind 1.17 – “Secret Agent” – How could anybody this goofy, this klutzy, this … loud, be a spy?
- Resistance Rewind 1.18 – “The First Order’s Plan” – There’s a lot of fear and worry about the First Order’s intentions in the galaxy.
- Resistance Rewind 1.19 – “A Beautiful Friendship” – For Kaz and Torra, an amicable rivalry has turned into a solid friendship.
- Resistance Rewind 1.20 – “Troubling Times for Tam” – Tam learns that her friends on Team Fireball are not who she thought they were.
- Resistance Rewind 1.21 – “General Hux Takes the Stage” – A familiar moment from The Force Awakens is recreated to devastating effect.
- Resistance Rewind 1.22 – “The Colossus Sets a Course” – An unexpected turn of events puts Team Fireball, the Aces, and the rest of the Colossus on a new path.
VOICE CAST: Christopher Sean (“Days of Our Lives”) as Kazuda Xiono; Suzie McGrath (“East Enders”) as Tam Ryvora; Scott Lawrence(“Legion”) as Jarek Yeager; Myrna Velasco (“Elena of Avalor”) as Torra Doza; Josh Brener (“Silicon Valley”) as Neeku Vozo; Donald Faison (“Scrubs”) as Hype Fazon; Jim Rash (“Community”) and Bobby Moynihan (“DuckTales”) as Flix and Orka, respectively; Oscar Isaac (“Star Wars: The Last Jedi”) as Poe Dameron and Gwendoline Christie (“Game of Thrones”) as Captain Phasma.
COMPOSER: Michael Tavera (“Guardians of the Galaxy”) – Based on themes by John Williams
RELEASE DATE: August 20, 2019
PACKAGING: DVD (21 episodes)
- “The Recruit: Part 1” 12.“Bibo”
- “The Recruit: Part 2”13. “Dangerous Business”
- “The Triple Dark” 14. “The Doza Dilemma”
- “Fuel for the Fire” 15. “The First Order Occupation”
- “The High Tower” 16. “The New Trooper”
- “The Children from Tehar”17. “The Core Problem”
- “Signal from Sector Six” 18. “The Disappeared”
- “Synara’s Score” 19. “Descent”
- “The Platform Classic” 20. “No Escape: Part 1”
- “Secrets and Holograms”21. “No Escape: Part 2”
- “Station Theta Black”
RATING: TV-Y7-FV, Bonus Material Not Rated
ASPECT RATIO: 1.78:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 Dolby, French 2.0 Dolby, Spanish 2.0 Dolby
SUBTITLES: English SDH, Spanish, French
CLOSED CAPTIONS: English